2-Step Executive Level Event
This 2-Step Learning to See the Waste (LTSTW) simulation is the simplest event and uses just one car factory kit plus the laminated facilitator and participant placemats.
This two-step simulation begins by performing a Batch 'n Queue push-flow simulation for 10 minutes while participants attempt to deliver a three piece set of cars to the customer. Rarely are they successful.
The focus is on hidden waste of supply chain delivery methods, material handling, tooling and transport waste, non conforming material problems and so on.
The second step of the simulation is a Lean Flow pull-system with the waste eliminated. In 10 minutes the team will usually get all 20 cars to the customer.
This simulation packs a real W O W factor with the executives. It really speaks volumes about the power of lean.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
The team set up is 5 people for the Batch 'n Queue run and 3 people for the Lean Flow run, for a total of 8 people with hands-on participation. During the simulation, the non hands-on people perform the 10-Second Test and watch the event for later discussion on the differences in flow and in non value-adding activities observed.
A single facilitator can easily control up to five teams running simultaneously because the participant instruction placemats do all the work of set up. The LeanMan Deluxe Car Factory Kit (or any Deluxe-Plus or the Grand) provides the presentation PowerPoint show about Lean Principles and waste reduction. Add Companion Kits for some competing teams.
Event time is 40 minutes for the simulation and discussion, plus allow an additional 30 minutes time if the Learning to See PowerPoint presentation is to be used. Your executives really in a hurry? This event may be shortened to under 30 minutes with only minor loss of content and still get that W O W factor across. Room size can be a small conference room for a single Car Factory Kit, or larger if more kits are used.
Companion Lean Factory Simulation Car Kit
- The Companion Car Kit contains a Basic Car Kit for the Car Factory hands-on LEAN simulation plus PowerPoint files for the 2-step and 4-step simulation exercise to get you started.
Deluxe Lean Factory Simulation Car Kit
- The Deluxe Car Kit presents the five principles of Lean Manufacturing through comprehensive lecture presentations and hands-on simulations.
Deluxe PLUS VSM Lean Factory Simulation Package
- The Value Stream Map simulation provides a look at the influences of LEAN on each point process along a 9 point door-to-door value stream.
Deluxe PLUS HEIJUNKA Lean Factory Simulation Package
- The Heijunka Simulation develops a visualization of mixed-mode work flow and the lean planning function to manage capacity and assure on-time delivery.
Deluxe PLUS KANBAN Lean Factory Simulation Package
- The Kanban Simulation integrates two great products into one single double-deep container, providing an excellent training range from beginner to advanced.
LeanMan Grand Simulation Package
The LeanMan Grand Simulation Package is a reduced cost recombination of the Deluxe Car Factory Simulation plus the VSM, the Kanban and the Heijunka simulation events conveniently packaged into two double-deep containers. This combination package saves over $480 if all included items were purchased separately.
Deluxe Double Car Factory Kit