Before going too much further in our lean journey, it is time to establish some lean thinking with the team. The presentation of the five principles of lean provides some discussion time with the team to help them begin to formulate the big picture.
Lean is poorly implemented if confined to only a few point process areas in your enterprise stream.
- Specify Value of the Product
- Identify the Value Stream for Each Product
- Enable the Products to Flow Without Interruptions
- Allow the Customer to Pull Value From the Stream
- Continuously Improve . . . Pursue Perfection
The development of the Five Principles of Lean presentations and a set of tools is fully explored in the Value Stream Map, Deluxe-Plus VSM, Deluxe-Plus Kanban, and Grand Simulation Packages.
LeanMan Grand Simulation Package
Deluxe PLUS VSM Lean Factory Simulation Package
Deluxe PLUS KANBAN Lean Factory Simulation Package
VSM Upgrade to the Deluxe Package